I’m selling 24 hats with the design above for $25 each. $10 from each hat (more than all the profits) will be donated to the Bartender’s Emergency Assistance Program. If you want to order, fill out this form. Read below for more info.
That’s right folks, djchickenparm.com is officially getting into the fashion game, and you’re not going to want to miss this once in a lifetime EXCLUSIVE drop, for a multitude of reasons. Get a look at the concept of the first ever official djchickenparm.com merchandise below.
ON THIS STYLE OF HAT
…alright so maybe saying the “fashion game” was a little generous.
I’m aware the design looks like something your local bank would giveaway for free in the 90s, but have you read this site? It’s kind of on brand.
There were a few phrases that I tested out but the site that I designed these on only allowed for so many characters. Unfortunately this means “You Can’t Arrest Me, I’m the Trivago Guy” isn’t an option. I tried my best to workshop it though.
This just seemed too vague. I want the Trivago guy to KNOW that I’m making fun of him specifically. So I tried this…
And this just seemed…not vague enough? Little on the nose?
I even tried with my most renowned piece of original content…but something about this design seemed…off-putting.
So I stuck with Pass The Aux, as music recommendations is how this whole thing got started (though we’ve certainly expanded our palette), and had the site name at the bottom, because the reason for doing this isn’t about creating high-quality grails (I hope I’m using that streetwear term correctly), it’s about getting some good Word of Mouth going for the blog.
I’ve been wanting to do this for a while just because I feel like it’s an inventive way to get people talking/asking about the site. I try to promote on Instagram and Twitter but I’m really only reaching people I know. Hopefully this will get more people talking about the blog, they start following it, it goes viral. I get a call from Ryan Seacrest. What? He wants me to host my own radio show? I’d love to! Next thing you know I’m in a 12 bedroom 8 1/2 bath bachelor pad paid for by Seacrest Industries and I’m hosting Cutlet Radio from 4-6PM Mondays through Fridays with my cohost and girlfriend Selena Gomez.
That’s the plan. This isn’t me trying to make money, it’s me trying to broaden my audience to the point where I’m having Papa Crest hit me up with a job offer (that’s gonna be my nickname for Ryan once we become boys). And if helping me make that dream come true wasn’t enough for you to open your wallets (which would be cruel), I’m also donating MORE than all the profits to charity.
The hats cost $17.95 to make. I’m going to sell them for $25, and also donate $10 per hat to the United States Bartender’s Guild Emergency Assistance Program. [Which you can find out more about here.]
If you’ve read any of the quarantine-related blogs you know that I miss going to the bar more than anything, so being able to give $250 to them now for relief instead of on a blackout bender for green tea shots, seems like a good idea.
- There’s only 24 available (keeping one for myself). This hat will never be made again so by purchasing one you have 4% of the total amount of coolest hats on the planet.
- If you live within an hour or so of my house in Massachusetts, I can drive over and drop it off in your mailbox or something (following social distancing guidelines of course)
- If you live outside that range and still want a hat, I can ship it to you. Despite not having mailed something in years, I’m sure I could figure it out. Or we could meet halfway or something? Idk. If you want a hat I will get it to you somehow.
- These are snapbacks so one size fits all.
- I’ll have proofs of what the hat looks like within the next few days, then it takes 10 days to produce and 3-4 days to ship. All-in-all, I’d hope to get these to people who ordered in less than 3 weeks.
All sound good? Fill out the form below!
Looking forward to getting these made and out to everyone. I’ll remember those who purchased when I’m in my Malibu Mansion with Sea-Man (another nickname I’ll give Ryan that we’ll soon scrap for obvious reasons).